BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

scandal...(^_^)!

scandal...(^_^)!

Friday, September 10, 2010

How Do I Love Thee (Sonnet 43) INFORMAL THEME NO. 3



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

I love thee to the to the depth and breadth and height
my soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace
I love thee to the level of everyday's
most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with passion put to use
In my old griefs, and in my childhood's faith.
With my old saints---I love thee with the breath
Smiles, tears, of all my life!---and if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.





In the poem of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, she enumerated the ways on how she can show her love to her husband.
She said that her love for him is infinite or endless. She always love him---day or night. She loves him freely, purely, and with passion.
She loves him with all of her life whether in happiness or sadness. If she dies, she will still love him, even better.






0 comments: